- China in the 21st Century: What Everyone Needs to Know
- Jeffrey N. Wasserstrom华志坚
- The need to understand this global giant has never been more pressing: China is constantly in the news, yet conflicting impressions abound. Within one generation, China has transformed from an impoverished, repressive state into an economic...
- Eugenics and Other Evils
- G.K. ChestertonG·K·切斯特顿
- In the second decade of the twentieth century, an idea became all too fashionable among those who feel it is their right to set social trends. Wealthy families took it on as a pet cause, generously bankrolling its research. The New York Tim...
- Free Culture
- Lawrence Lessig劳伦斯·莱斯格
- From Stanford law professor Lessig (Code; The Future of Ideas) comes this expertly argued, alarming and surprisingly entertaining look at the current copyright wars. Copyright law in the digital age has become a hot topic, thanks to million...
- Content: Selected Essays on Technology, Creativity, Copyright, and the Future of the Future
- Cory Doctorow科利·多克托罗
- Doctorow here proves hes smart, funny, and good at accessibly boiling down issues hes passionate about. On topics ranging from fanfic (readers additions to their favorite authors creations, usually online) to the terrible business model Mic...
- On the Duty of Civil Disobedience
- Henry David Thoreau梭罗
- Henry David Thoreau's Civil Disobedience was originally published in 1849 as Resistance to Civil Government. Thoreau wrote this classic essay to advocate public resistance to the laws and acts of government that he considered unjust. The pra...
- Society and Culture: Scarcity and Solidarity
- Professor Bryan S Turner布赖恩·S·特纳教授
- Society and Culture reclaims the classical heritage, provides a clear-eyed assessment of the promise of sociology in the 21st century and asks whether the `cultural turn' has made the study of society redundant. Sociologists have objected to...
- Racism: A Very Short Introduction
- Ali Rattansi阿里·拉坦西
- From subtle discrimination in everyday life and scandals in politics, to incidents like lynchings in the American South, cultural imperialism, and 'ethnic cleansing', racism exists in many different forms, in almost every facet of society. B...
- The State of the World’s Children 2008: Child Survival
- The 2008 report examines the state of child survival and primary health care for children, with a strong emphasis on trends in child mortality. It appraises the lessons learned in child survival over the past century. The centerpiece of the...
- The State of the World’s Children 2007: Women and Children
- The State of the World's Children 2007 examines the discrimination and disempowerment women face throughout their lives - and outlines what must be done to eliminate gender discrimination and empower women and girls. It looks at the status o...
- The State of the World’s Children 2009: Maternal and Newborn Health
- The State of the World’s Children 2009 examines the current state of maternal and neonatal health, explores the fundamentals of a supportive environment for mothers and newborns, and outlines ways to strengthen efforts in support of primar...
Beyond Good and Evil
PHP 5 高级应用开发实践 第二版
About PHP 5 Advanced: Visual QuickPro Guide, 2nd Edition
The Adventures of Pinocchio
State of Fear
Introduction to Business, Student Edition
The Great Gatsby
F。 Scott Fitzgerald
The Catcher in the Rye
The Old Man and the Sea
Pride and Prejudice
The Wealth of Nations
Gone with the Wind
Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
One Hundred Years of Solitude
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
The Lost Symbol
English Grammar In Use
The World is Flat
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
George R.R. Martin
A Short History of Nearly Everything
Who Moved My Cheese